Monday, May 08, 2006

Don't Worry, Be Thankful

"O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth." (Psalm 105: 1-5)

"O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalm 107: 1)
If you believe that your life is God and you know God is good why worry about the future? If you believe God is all knowing, there's no need to tell him what He already knows. If you believe what you've been inspired to do is of God, then surely you can trust in God to unfold the outcome? Only when you've dreamed up something do you worry about the outcome because you haven't quite figured out how it will work out.

Yesterday on my bus I thought that it would be brilliant if I could catch my other bus that takes me all the way without needing to get two other buses. I saw the bus I wanted in front of us. The bus I was on stopped to change drivers. In the meantime the bus in front sped off. Oh well, maybe I could catch another bus. Whatever! It was time to play my favourite game, the gratitude game.

Me: Thank you.
Inner Voice: You're welcome.
Me: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Inner Voice: You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome.
Me: Thank you to infinity. Now beat that!
Inner Voice: You're welcome to infinity. Now beat that!

In the meantime I noticed the bus I was on had caught up with the bus in front. Both buses were stuck at a traffic light. At the next bus stop the bus I was on pulled up right behind the bus I wanted. I made a dash for it and caught the bus. Don't ask me how the bus I wanted in front had slowed down, God knows.

Instead of worrying about how things are going to pan out why not just say "thank you." This means you are so sure your prayer has been answered you're grateful for it even if it hasn't appeared in form.

You'll also find you always have reasons to say thank you; and you'll constantly hear thank you wherever you are.

Infinite thank yous.

Enocia

Related article: Unknown Territory, Causeless Cause; I Would Rather Be Grateful, Thank You